Our office policies and procedures have changed in response to COVID-19. It is our wish to provide you with as much information as possible before you return to the office. We are so excited to see you soon! Here are the ways we hope to keep them safe during the pandemic.
Daily Employee Screening Procedures:
- We will complete daily employee screenings upon arrival to the clinic.
- Temperature taken & Blood Oxygen saturation level screened with a pulse oximeter
Any employee found to have a fever, abnormal blood oxygen level, or who reports symptoms of COVID-19 or any other risk factors, during screening, will be sent home immediately and asked to go to their physician to be tested for COVID-19. They will not report for duty until it is safe for staff and patients for them to do so.
Dr. Bauer was able to acquire sufficient amounts of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), so we have no shortage of the highest-level PPE as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Staff have been trained in the proper procedures for safely putting on and taking off PPE.
In addition, each of the clinical staff have had their masks medically fit tested to ensure proper functioning of the mask
Personal Protective Equipment used in the office:
- Isolation gowns
- Face Shields
- Eye Protection
- KN-95 masks
Additionally, we have many new safeguards in place to protect staff. Here are some examples.
All staff are required to:
- Wear masks when entering the building and whenever within 6 feet of a coworker
- Wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival and entry to the building and again before leaving.
- Change their clothing and shoes upon entry to the facility (for start of shift in morning and afternoon). Used scrubs worn during shift are to be washed on site and shoes worn during shift will be disinfected and left at the office.
- Follow CDC guidelines for appropriate and safe donning and doffing of PPE
Additional Safeguards in place:
- HOCL disinfectant used to fog the treatment rooms
- Fogger to sterilize rooms
- UV-C light sterilizers
- HEPA and UV aerosol vacuums
- Mirrors with high volume suction to reduce aerosols
- Intraoral high volume aerosol suctions
- Touchless check in and check out
- Pretreatment rinses with Peroxyl
- Patients make credit card payments over the phone for services rendered, instead of hand to hand transactions taking place at the front desk.
- A sneeze guard has been installed at the front
- HEPA air filters have been installed in every treatment room and at the reception area.
- New “Extraoral Dental Vacuums” which suction dental aerosols created during treatment
- Our waiting area has been rearranged to ensure social distancing
- All patients and staff are screened for COVID symptoms. In addition, temperatures are taken and lung efficiency checked with a pulse oximeter.
We are doing everything we can to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff when we return to the office. The staff may look a little different when you see them at your appointment, we just want you to know what to expect. Please let us know if you have any questions or additional concerns.